Position: New Business Executive (Hunter)
Reports to: Sales Manager / CCO
Application Closing Date: 31/08/2022 – APPLICATIONS FOR THIS VACANCY ARE NOW CLOSED
The New Business Executives primary responsibility is to actively seek out new prospects and their business needs, to support Unitec Africa’s market development ambitions. As a part of this management, they are responsible for providing a business point of contact for the client. They report to the Sales Manager ensuring company policy and procedures are followed and maintained.
This position requires a high level of independence, business acumen, strong client service and skills. Organisational ability is important to keep track of all tasks. The New Business Executive meets regularly with the Sales Manager (weekly) to ensure sales pipeline, sales targets and objectives are being met appropriately supporting our strategic goals. Further, based on consistency of performance, clear growth paths would become available in mid-management sales roles as part of career progression within the organisation
New Business Executive Attributes and Characteristics
- Knowledge of the product stack that is available to the client (training on new technologies will be provided)
- Ability to effectively communicate with business owners in a meaningful and strategic manner, maintaining a deep and current understanding of each client’s business situation, business needs and IT environment, translating those needs into service and product requirements
- Remain knowledgeable of market and industry trends, competitors, and leading client strategies
- Track all activity in the Professional Services Automation (PSA) system and ensuring integrity of CRM is kept up to standard.
- Actively seek out and create new opportunities and follow-up activities.
- Utilize the proposal tool to initiate proposals to clients.
- Meet and exceed sales revenue targets aligned to financial budgeted forecasts.
- Perform sales meetings, proposal meetings and presentations, in person or remotely to new prospects that fall within Unitec Africa’s Target Client Profile (TCP)
- Preparation of proposals and acceptance of orders from clients in quoting and PSA platforms
- Maintain proper margin on products and services sold
- Ensure orders are completed in a timely and accurate manner 100% of the time
- Communicate effectively with cross-functional departments (Professionals Services, Managed Services, Renewals Team etc)
- Handover new clients to allocated account managers in an efficient and effective manner.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Drive to keep up on current and future technologies on a broad level
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and have a growth mindset eager to continuously learn, adapt and grow.
- Enjoys solving real-world problems and helping people to the extent that no problem is considered mundane, no matter how simple the solution
- Enjoys sharing information, supporting others, and working on a team to achieve team goals as well independently
- Skill in preparing written communications and materials at executive (c-suite) level.
- Highly result driven and an accountable individual
Credentials and Experience:
- Three to five years related experience OR Equivalent combination of education and experience in a B2B environment and associated technologies
- Working knowledge in business critical technologies (Cloud, SaaS, Security, Backup and Disaster Recovery Solutions)
- Clean drivers’ licence
Benefits and Pay:
- Base + commission bonus based on OTE
- Company Vehicle & Fuel Card
- Mobile Phone & Laptop
- Company Wellness Program
Should you be interested, please send an up to date CV and references, to firstname.lastname@example.org